[Gsll-devel] patch to export random number distribution symbols

Russell Kliese russell at kliese.id.au
Thu Jan 7 03:12:07 UTC 2010

It appears that the symbols used to select the various random number
sample functions are not exported. I was getting "The symbol "UNIFORM"
is not external in the GSLL package." when I ran the following code.

(clc:clc-require :gsll)
(defparameter *rng* (gsl:make-random-number-generator gsl:+default-type+))
(gsl:sample *rng* 'gsl:uniform)

I've created a patch to merge into the git repository, but I'm not a
Lisp expert, so my solution may be wrong.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this very useful library.

Russell