[Gsll-devel] GSLL on CCL

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sun Feb 7 22:17:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Leo <sdl.web at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/26 Leo <sdl.web at googlemail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I run (make-multi-dimensional-root-solver-f +powells-hybrid+ 3
>> #m(0 0 0)), CCL enters debug mode with the following msg on the
>> terminal it runs in.
>>
>> ? Unhandled exception 10 at 0x0, context->regs at #xb0e30b1c
>> Exception occurred while executing foreign code
>> ? for help
>> [57048] Clozure CL kernel debugger:
>
> Thanks to a hint from Mirko, I was able to understand the function
> better, in particular, its arg GSLL::FUNCTION-OR-DIMENSION. What's the
> -OR-DIMENSION for?

You don't have to create the object with a function and initial values,
you can set those later.  However if that's the case, you do need to
provide the dimensions of the problem, which it otherwise extracts
from the dimensions of your initial values array.  In other words,
you can supply as arguments:
 - a function,  initial value array and optionally scalarsp
or
 - just a dimension,
and in the latter case you'll have to call reinitialize-instance on the
object when you have your function and initial value array.

> There are examples on how to use these functions in the source, which
> one can easily find through the testsuite.

Yes, and these are with initializing at the time of creation, which I assume
will be the case for most code.

> Leo

Liam