[GSLL-devel] grid, foreign-array, fsbv and libffi

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 02:29:21 UTC 2010

Just checking:

Does this (loading fsbv's only pkgdlc.lisp & convert.lisp) mean that
foreign arrays are unavailable
to grid (and gsll)?

I implemented these compilation suggestions to the latest releases of
fsbv and gsd, on clisp and cygwin
and foreign arrays don't work:
(grid:map-grid :source #'(lambda (i j)
			   (+ i j))
	       :destination-specification '((foreign-array 2 2) double-float))

while natives do:
(grid:map-grid :source #'(lambda (i j)
			   (+ i j))
	       :destination-specification '((array 2 2) double-float))

I ask because today I tried to revive gsll on cygwin 1.7 after a long
break.  I had compilation errors
related to foreign-arrays and complex-float-c.

I am not in a rush to compile gsll on cygwin/clisp  since I do have it
going nicely on sbcl.  I can wait
for the reimplementation of fsbv that Liam was talking about.

Mirko
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Liam Healy <lhealy at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Yes.

... stuff deleted