[Gsll-devel] Build problems

Zach elzacho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:23:42 UTC 2009

Ok, point taken.  This discussion will be moved to an appropriate place.
However, I believe you have a sample space of 3 now.  I just checked the
other Mac (also v10.4 like mine) in the office and it doesn't have ffi.h
anywhere in the file system.  If you don't care as you want a mac expert to
take over, I completely understand and please disregard these comments.

> (cffi-grovel:grovel-file .... #+(or gsll:macports gsll:darwinports
> > gsll:fink) :cc-flags #+(or macports darwinports)"-I/opt/local/include"
> > #+fink"-I/sw/include")
>
> I'm unclear on who/what put gsll:macports onto *features*.  That's not
> anything I do, nor could I.  Therefore I couldn't put it into my
> source code.

The user would.  There are definitely some errors here, I didn't actually
try this out.  I think it would work if the symbols were from the keyword
package rather than GSLL.

I believe that it is okay Lisp style to have the user push a symbol on the
features list in order to tell packages what features are present.  Like I
could (push :macports *features*) before building GSLL, which, with proper
reader conditionals, could allow GSLL customize the build according to a
system that uses macports.  Which all becomes another way for the user to
tell you where to look for paths.

Thanks for your work and thoughts on this matter,
Zach