[Gsll-devel] gsll:+edom+ has no value

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:01:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Liam Healy<lhealy at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Mirko Vukovic<mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Mirko,
>>>
>>> Actually the hyperspec is pretty ambiguous but seems to imply that
>>> it could be evaluated at compile time or not.
>>> The CLISP manual on the other hand
>>> http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/defconstant.html
>>> is quite definite that it does not evaluate at compile time:
>>> The initial value is not evaluated at compile time, just like with
>>> DEFVAR and DEFPARAMETER. Use EVAL-WHEN if you need the value at
>>> compile time.
>>>
>>> I have fixed this and it now works for me in CLISP.  Do a fresh pull
>>> in master and try it.
>>
>> You fixed it, but the compilation order needs to change:
>> In order to get conditions.lisp to compile & load, I first had to
>> compile & load libgsl-unix.lisp.
>>

> It wasn't an order problem, but a dependency declaration
> problem.  Fixed; try again with a fresh pull.
>

>>> Keep in mind that many tests still fail miserably in CLISP, and in
>>> fact I can only get through a dozen or so before the test suite
>>> crashes out of CLISP.  If you (or anyone) has patches or ideas about
>>> how to fix this, I'd be happy to hear about it.
>>
>> Well, I did not get that far ;-)  Here is where things broke again:
>>
>> Illegal keyword/value pair :TYPE, DOUBLE-FLOAT in argument list.
>> The allowed keywords are #1=(:OPTIONAL
>>    :DOCUMENTATION)
>>   [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-KEYWORD-ERROR]
>
> You need to get a fresh update to CFFI, version 0.10.5 (released
> on Tuesday) or later.
>

> Liam

Now that I got the latest cffi, and cleaned up old fasl, lib, exe's,
gsll compiles cleanly (I had to clean up old compiled stuff, because I
was getting a *package* nil error).

I did not venture into running the tests yet.  I usuall try-out gsll
on sbcl and slowly move to clisp as I need it.

Thanks,

Mirko