[Gsll-devel] gsll:+edom+ has no value

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Tue Jun 16 02:04:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Mirko Vukovic<mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Liam,
>
> My reading of hyperspec is that defconstant is evaluated as a
> top-level form.  Thus the need to use the `eval-when'

Mirko,

Actually the hyperspec is pretty ambiguous but seems to imply that
it could be evaluated at compile time or not.
The CLISP manual on the other hand
http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/defconstant.html
is quite definite that it does not evaluate at compile time:
The initial value is not evaluated at compile time, just like with
DEFVAR and DEFPARAMETER. Use EVAL-WHEN if you need the value at
compile time.

I have fixed this and it now works for me in CLISP.  Do a fresh pull
in master and try it.

Keep in mind that many tests still fail miserably in CLISP, and in
fact I can only get through a dozen or so before the test suite
crashes out of CLISP.  If you (or anyone) has patches or ideas about
how to fix this, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Liam