[Gsll-devel] with-ode-integration macro problem on clisp

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Mon Feb 2 02:02:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Liam Healy <lhealy at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>> Mirko,
>>
>> It looks like there is a bug there in CLISP; symbol-macrolet is a part
>> of the standard and it should work.  I have given up on testing in
>> CLISP because I encounter so many errors that seem to be a problem on
>> their side.  If you can get a useful answer out of CLISP, that's
>> great, but you should switch to SBCL or CCL if you can because I do
>> test on these.
>
> Liam,  I use SBCL at work on my linux box.  But at home I have a
> windows laptop where I use clisp on cygwin.  I have not ventured yet
> into using the windows version of SBCL -- if you have heard of user
> stories about that I would love to hear them.
>
> If I do find `fixable' problems on CLISP, do you want me to post them here?

If the problem is not due to a bug in CLISP, by all means, post it
here.  If it is some grey area where CLISP has a problem with some
arguably-acceptable construct in GSLL, I will consider changing it if
it reasonably straightforward to do so.  Maybe using a flet or labels
is a workaround for the present problem, but from your description
symbol-macrolet is being incorrectly compiled in CLISP.

By the way, I put in the :cygwin feature switch in init.lisp for you.
Does that work OK?

>> As to whether it should be a symbol-macro or a function call I think
>> it is a style issue.  I'm not terribly happy with the macro as it is,
>> I think it requires rethinking anyway, I just hacked through it to get
>> something out that would get rid of the with-c-double.  I'll return to
>> it at some point but I have other things I'm working on first.
>
> I may need to use it in the next few weeks.  If I come up with
> something more `elegant', I will post it.
>
> Maybe something like
>
> (with-ode-stepper (stepper ...)
>   (do-ode-steps (stopping-test)
>       (post-step-form))
> )

That looks OK.

> I will post the offending example code on the clisp group to get their feedback.

OK.

> Mirko

Liam