[Gsll-devel] Fwd: keeping m-variables in closures

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Wed Aug 6 23:14:42 UTC 2008

Mirko,

If you can't enclose everything dynamically within a letm, then using
#'data to get the CL array is the way to go.  You need to then
recreate the GSLL object with another letm when needed.  You'll just
wrap in a letm when you need to call GSL functions. You can do the
same now, but it requires using #'data to pull out the CL array.  When
you need to use it again, don't try to reuse the gsl-data object, make
a new one based on the CL array you pulled out previously.

Liam

(P.S. You can macroexpand your letms and see how it works with
allocation and freers, but I recommend you stay away from that
approach.  You can work outside a letm now, but it's not fun, and the
ffa-based GSLL won't permit it.)