[gsharp-devel] Hello!

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Thu Jun 14 06:08:31 UTC 2007

Magnus Jonsson <magnus at smartelectronix.com> writes:

> * in gsharp.asd, add :esa to the :depends-on list

Ah, I'm not sure about this.  I suspect that maybe wonkiness that
you're seeing here is attempting to combine a CVS version of gsharp
with a released version of McCLIM?  The catch is that in CVS versions
of McCLIM itself, ESA is now a part of the mcclim system, and not a
separate entity any more -- so adding :esa to gsharp's :depends-on is
likely wrong -- at least, it wouldn't work for me.

Maybe it might be a good idea to prod the McCLIM developers into
making a new release...

> * in play.lisp, one play function using "/tmp/test.mid" while the
> other one uses "test.mid"?
> * in play.lisp, the function measure-durations duplicates code in
> buffer.lisp -- the (defmethod duration ((bar bar)) ...)

Right, these are issues.

> If no-one disagrees with my idea to add microtonal support I hope
> we'll have fun working Gsharp together.

I think this is a very interesting project, and I'm looking forward to
seeing what happens!

Cheers,

Christophe