[gsharp-devel] 8va treble clef

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 10:16:31 UTC 2006

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Attached is a patch implementing a treble8 clef (which is a treble
> clef with implicit octaviation).  I'm not really proposing this for
> direct inclusion; I haven't designed a glyph for it, for a start.

Apart from the glyph problem, which can be finessed for now (because
in at least some versions of music typesetting an octave-treble clef
is set using the same glyph as the normal treble clef, and it is left
to context for the readers to work out that the octave needs to be
adjusted), I'm happy with this (attached) patch.  It introduces three
new functions: F-POSITION, B-POSITION and BOTTOM-LINE, of which the
first two aren't in fact quite general enough but simply replicate the
current functionality.  I would be wary of documenting these
functions, as I suspect that a final clef protocol will look slightly
different.

If these caveats are acceptable, please apply :-)