[gsharp-devel] binary snapshot

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 10:57:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

Since I'm going to Hamburg this weekend for the lisp meeting, I
thought I would take along with me a few demos, so I took the time
this morning to put together binary snapshots of Gsharp for ppc/OS X
and x86/linux.  They may be of interest to others, so I've put them up
at <http://www.doc.gold.ac.uk/~mas01cr/Gsharp.dmg> and
<http://www.doc.gold.ac.uk/~mas01cr/gsharp-0.0.2+.tar.gz> (I got the
version number wrong -- I meant "0.2+".

I don't think these snapshots are really suitable for wider
distribution -- they exit eagerly at the first unhandled lisp error,
for instance -- but producing them was pretty easy and
straightforwardly scriptable, so maybe we could consider making better
versions more widely available to give people a chance to see that
there's potential in the application (without having to hunt down all
the dependencies and worry about version skew and so on)?

I attach the script I used to produce these images with sbcl-0.9.12.