[gsharp-devel] per-pane command-tables

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 09:52:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tried this morning to restore lyrics editing functionality, but I
think it turns out to be harder than I thought.

The way I understand it to be meant to work is to set the
command-table of the pane; probably in the :after method in
SELECT-LAYER.  So, I did that, but it still doesn't work.

The reason it doesn't work, I think, is that the input context
established in ESA-TOP-LEVEL isn't actually left by ordinary execution
of commands -- only by running commands with mouse gestures (with,
say, presentation-to-command-translators).  So, the attached patch
(with included debugging FORMAT code) doesn't actually do the right
thing.  (It /does/ work if, after selecting a lyrics layer, the user
types C-g, because there the with-input-context _is_ reestablished.)

What's the right answer?