[gsharp-devel] bugs

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 14:04:39 UTC 2005

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Additionally, semibreve (or whole-note) rests hang from the wrong
> staff line, and indeed seem to be out by a pixel or two (to reproduce,
> type
>   , C-r
> and observe the disconnect; another
>   C-r
> shows that the minim (half-note) rest is wrong as well, clashing with
> the middle staff line.

The attached patch fixes whole_rest.mf.  It doesn't fix the
out-by-half-a-pixel bug that I'm observing, which is demonstrated in
<http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/gsharp-rests.png>; I had a
little look at the metafont, and in particular at staff_line_thickness
and yoffset; nothing sprang to my mind as immediately obviously wrong,
but I'm not convinced I understand how this font works yet.