[gsharp-devel] bugs

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Thu Nov 10 22:39:28 UTC 2005

Hello,

Christophe Rhodes writes:

 > another casualty of the change of coordinate systems is in multistaff
 > clusters: the stem calculation is wrong.

I think I (partially) fixed this problem.  Doing so was painful,
however, because, before I changed the y transformation, the terms
`max' and `min' were unambiguous.  Now, however, the note with the
maximum position will have the minimum y offset.

To make the code a little bit more readable, I suggest a new
convention: using `top' and `bot' instead of `max' and `min' when
staff step positions or y offsets are referred to.  Thus the top note
in a cluster will have the highest position on its staff and the
smallest y offset.

However, for fear of causing too many collisions with your current
modifications, I did not make the global modifications yet.
Personally, I commit frequently to avoid such problems, but not
everyone does.  So, I suggest either 1) you let me know when it is
"safe" for me to make such global changes or 2) you do them at the
same time you commit some of your other stuff.

--
Robert Strandh