[gsharp-devel] key signatures

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 21:54:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

Attached is a work-in-progress patch implementing key signatures as
elements rather than attributes of a clef.

* they have a fake (1/8) duration, to avoid a division-by-zero error
  in the layout code;

* they have enough added-mixinness to make them work.  I didn't try to
  work out what they actually needed;

* the first element added to each staff needs to be a key signature.
  This should probably be made to happen by default (and be an
  undeletable element);

* the code to find the most recent key signature on a staff doesn't
  work terribly well; it seems easy to have a null CURSOR-ELEMENT.

Having said that, starting gsharp and typing
  K c d e C-b C-b M-# M-# C-f K C-f M-@ M-@
seems to do the right thing.  (Very many other keysequences will yield
errors; as I said, work in progress...)  Screenshot at
<http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/gsharp-keysig.png>.