[gsharp-devel] Problem of second gsharp

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 17:50:35 UTC 2004

Robert STRANDH <strandh at labri.fr> writes:

> Christophe Rhodes writes:
>  > (slightly more intensive testing revealed the problem that replaying
>  > output no longer works, because *foo-gray-progressions* are unbound --
>  > there's no with-score-pane in play at that stage.  Oh well.)
>
> Darn.

OK, here's take II.  It's slightly uglier than before (but is less
broken :-), and I have two questions.

Firstly, what does the comment in the two REPLAY-OUTPUT-RECORD methods
that I've touched mean?  ("we replay with the identity transformation,
so we have to draw the other way").

Secondly, is the change that I've made here (specializing
REPLAY-OUTPUT-RECORD on the stream argument, too) guaranteed to work?
How will it interfere, if at all, with the notion of replaying all
output records on a postscript medium for printing?

(This fix does improve thread-safety in the sense that two separate
gsharps running in the same image would not have collisions in their
{dark,light}er-gray-progressions pixmaps.  There remains the problem
of multiple threads running the same gsharp -- say for concurrent
updating of the screen, or something -- colliding when extending the
arrays containing the pixmaps).