[graphic-forms-devel] opengl

Hugo Duncan hugo_duncan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 13:12:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

Firstly, many thanks for creating a functional win32 gui toolkit!

I am trying to use opengl with a graphic-forms window.  So far this has
involved creating a new window style, and adding some initialisation code
once the window has been created. So far so good.

To actually draw anything, a wglCreateContext call is required to create a
context, which must be made current with wglMakeCurrent before gl
functions are called.

Where would be a good place to store this window specific context, and its
destructor function, so that it can be accessed in the paint/resize
events, etc?  I suppose the graphics-context might be an option, though
replacing it with an opengl-context might be better which would entail
selecting the correct type of context in the proceess-message methods.

Any guidance/thoughts you could give would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Hugo