[graphic-forms-devel] Dialog focus

Ken Perry kperry at blinksoft.com
Sun Sep 9 00:10:41 UTC 2007

You said,
"Well, I can certainly whip up a C-based Win32 app and explore this further,
I just haven't done that yet."

Nod well I have this program in c, c++ and well just about every language
its one reason we do it in all these languages so we can see how each work
differently for the same task.  So the offer still stands if you just want a
version of the same program sample.

you said,
"I suspect the fix involves some additional window style or event handling
behavior that is missing. I'll do some research, as mentioned above."

I don't know what other event handling you would need to do.  What I t looks
like is your flow panels are taking the focus the default action of Win32 is
to keep the location when you go back.  I didn't have to do anything at all
but write the add and delete functions and the focus stayed where it was
supposed to.  So I am thinking it has to be some code you have in the
activated event base graphic-forms lisp code.

You said,
"Manually tracking focused controls (remember, an application may have
multiple windows), whether that's done by the application or by
Graphic-Forms, strikes me as the wrong solution."

Your right of course I totally was not thinking when I sent that answer.  I
am going to have a look through your code just to get a feel for how it
works.  Up till now I was only looking in your API documentation to get my
small dialog based app working.  One thing I found missing in your docs are
examples.  Your chm is fine for old time coders but for beginners in the
language it doesn't give an example call for functions which would be
helpful.

Ken