[graphic-forms-devel] Re: SLIME vs. message loops

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 18:50:54 UTC 2006

I wrote:
> I need to do some research into the interaction between
> SLIME and Windows GUI message loops. Michael Jung was able
> to get a test program working if he ran SBCL from a command
> prompt instead of SLIME -- and a command prompt window is
> the mode I run the various CLs in as well, so I had not yet seen
> this problem with SLIME.
>
> I will post an update once I have investigated this further.

OK, I have SLIME installed and running inside XEmacs. I've got
my environment set up to load Graphic-Forms. I'm then able to
run test programs, e.g.  'C-c :   (hello-world)'  and the app runs.

If anyone else runs into problems with Graphic-Forms and
SLIME, please post details because then I'll try reproducing
it locally. But otherwise, I have to say those famous words
"it works for me!"  :-)

--
Jack Unrue