[graphic-forms-devel] graphic-forms

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:15:38 UTC 2006

On 9/4/06, Michael Jung <jung at mijn-design.de> wrote:

> Hello Jack,
>
> At 17:55 04.09.2006, you wrote:
>
> >OK, that's helpful info. Check your taskbar and see if in fact a window
> >did get created but at the bottom of the desktop Z-order instead of
> >the top. I notice this happening no matter whether I use SBCL or
> >CLISP, and it has something to do with the console window. Whereas,
> >if I run an application delivered as an executable, the window appears
> >as you would normally expect.
>
> It looks as if no window is created at all, nothing in the taskbar.

If it were me at this point, I would start sprinkling debug statements
around to try to find out more info. I would do this with Alastair's
hello.lisp since it is such a small amount of code to work with.
Check that REGISTERCLASSEX is not returning zero, and that
CREATEWINDOW is returning a non-null foreign pointer. Check
that his WINDOW-PROCEDURE function is getting called,
and print out the argument values, so that you can see what
events get processed.

If those debug statements indicate everything is succeeding,
but you still don't see any window, then I would suggest installing
a Spy utility (I use Winspector Spy) so that you can check whether
the window is getting created but not being made visible. Alastair's
window classname is "hello".

Is it safe to assume that you don't have any desktop mods or
virtual desktops or anything of that sort?

--
Jack Unrue