[fomus-devel] :textnote relative to measure position in finale via xml

David Psenicka dpsenick at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 3 23:56:48 UTC 2007

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing that--text notes have to be put
into "directions" in MusicXML, at least this is what I gather from
looking at the DTD and exporting files with Dolet.

I think the best solution for importing into Finale will be to just
create a plugin--I haven't looked into or dealt with ECL yet, but I
should be able to create a Finale plugin which can read a .fms file, do
all of the fomus processing on it, then create Finale objects directly.
Once I have enough time (mid-May probably) I'll try this.