[flexi-streams-devel] FLEXI-STREAMS::WRITE-SEQUENCE* and CCL

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Tue Jul 14 05:49:19 UTC 2009

Not sure if this is a Drakma problem or a Flexi-streams problem, but I
thought I'd start here.  I'm trying to run Drakma on Clozure Common
Lisp and I get this when I try to call http-request:

 > Error: There is no applicable method for the generic function:
 >          #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION FLEXI-STREAMS::WRITE-SEQUENCE*
#x3000422E84EF>
 >        when called with arguments:
 >          (#<EXTERNAL-FORMAT (:ISO-8859-1 :EOL-STYLE :LF)
#x30004276AF3D> #<FLEXI-STREAMS:FLEXI-IO-STREAM #x3000428BB9ED> "GET"
0 3)

I'm running the following versions of things:

drakma-1.0.0
flexi-streams-1.0.7
chunga-1.0.0
trivial-gray-streams-2008-11-02
UFFI 1.6.0

This appears at a cursory glance to be a bad interaction between flexi-
streams and CCL's built-in unicode support.  The EXTERNAL-FORMAT class
is built in to CCL.  It is not a flexi-streams class (nor a Chunga
class).

I would debug this myself but I got a report that someone is
successfully running Drakma on CCL so I thought someone might just
know the answer.

Thanks,
rg