[flexi-streams-devel] Re: [hunchentoot-devel] write-sequence to *hunchentoot-stream* on x86_64

Jeff Caldwell jdcal at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 15:17:36 UTC 2007

Hi Edi,

Thanks for pointing me in a good direction. I hope this ends up in the same
thread as your cc from hunchentoot-devel, but here is a summary in case it
doesn't: 32-bit LWLPro 4.3.7 ran OK on 32-bit Linux but on x86_64.
Hunchentoot returned the headers OK, followed by a block of seemingly-random
binary data, followed by the content, which was OK. I found a workaround,
using write-string instead of write-sequence to write the content.

>Edi wrote:
>
>Looks like a possible bug in flexi-streams (/or/ in LWL 4) to me and
>should probably be discussed on the corresponding mailing list - see
>Cc.  Could you check if the test suite of flexi-streams runs through
>on your x86_64 machine?  Are you using the newest version of
>flexi-streams?  Could you check if you get the same problems with LWL
>5.0.x, maybe using the Personal Edition?  Unfortunately, I don't have
>a 64-bit machine yet to check this myself.
>
>Thanks,
>Edi.

The flexi-streams test suite ran with all tests passed (3313 of them, if I
recall correctly). LWL 5.0.x Personal Edition does not exhibit the problem.
I'm using flexi-streams-0.11.2.

I suppose the limitation of my workaround (write-string vs write-sequence) is
the charset, no UTF? Anything else to be aware of? Maybe I can leverage this
app into a nice new 5.0 license, courtesy of my employer. If not, do you have
a quick thought regarding where else I might look to change the behavior in
4.3.7?

Thanks,

Jeff Caldwell