[flexi-streams-announce] New release 1.0.0

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun May 25 23:51:02 UTC 2008

Yes, you heard right, it's 1.0.0... :)

This is basically the second part of the redesign I started a couple
of days ago.  FLEXI-STREAMS should now be faster than before and it
should also do more error checking (illegal code points, overlong
sequences, and so on).

The code has been tested (using the test suite that comes with the
library) on LispWorks, AllegroCL, SBCL, and ClozureCL (with the
versions I happened to have installed on my machine).  As usual with
dot-zero releases you should expect bugs, though.  Keep the old
versions that are working for you and test this release before you use
it.

Have fun,
Edi.