[fetter-devel] Objections or comments on migrating to subversion?

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:54:15 UTC 2007

> I'll do the migration on Monday if I don't hear any objections.
> Rayiner, you're the latest committer on all the files in the
> repository -- let me know if this bothers you.

i know it's a bit late, but FWIW i'd vote for darcs. i use both svn
and darcs regularily and i find darcs to be the better one and it also
has a trac plugin (http://progetti.arstecnica.it/trac+darcs/). svn is
just a better written cvs, while darcs is a completly different
design. i've made tailor converted versions of the cvs repo (keeping
the commit history):

darcs get http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cl-wdim/darcs/verrazano/
darcs get http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cl-wdim/darcs/verrazano-support/

i don't have a single patch in Verrazano yet, so don't take it as a
heavy-weight opinion. i just wanted to send a pointer to the darcs
repos for your consideration.

on a different note: i've checked the svn repo and it does not have
the comitted carriage returns that cvs had. so, as we seem to have
obsoleted cvs, this is not an issue anymore.

but whichever repo is the final word, the site should be updated not
to advertise cvs.

hth,

--
 attila