[fetter-devel] got it working

Deepankar Sharma deepankar.sharma at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 06:24:47 UTC 2006

Well as evidence to extremely slow working on my part. I have fetter working
on my machine.
In case anyone else finds it useful, here is what I encountered.

Instead of archiving the 999 things that did not work. I will just describe
what did.

To build gccxml on a newish version of gcc do the following.

1)  get this patch
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/include/obstack.h.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.5.50.1

2) go to gccxml-0.6.0/GCC/include, paste the patch there.

3) patch < name-of-patch

3) Instead of following what the build instructions of gccxml say. Do this

     In the parent directory (the one having GCC-XML and GCC) do a cmake .
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr

4) make

5) make install

6) to try out verrazano go to the base directory of verrazano (the one with
testsuite in it)

and type this at the command-prompt

lisp -load testsuite/opengl/generate.lisp

7) smile.