[fetter-devel] unnamed bit fields

Andras Simon asimon at math.bme.hu
Sat Sep 10 18:56:31 UTC 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Luis Oliveira wrote:

> No, CFFI doesn't support bit-fields yet. But the problem there is that the
> last structure slot is nameless.

Yes, that's what the error message suggested (hence the Subject). But
then it occurred to me that perhaps this was only the tip of the
iceberg (ie., that there were no bit-fields at all).

>                                  I'd say you could generate bindings to PCRE
> without that header, but I might be wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. The question is whether this
is possible without modifying system header files.  And anyway, maybe
Verrazano shouldn't output stuff that cffi doesn't understand. Another
example is

(cffi:defcstruct lldiv-t (quot long long int) (rem long long int))

By the way, it's Verrazano/cffi that I'm interested in, not pcre.

Andras