[fetter-devel] OpenAL or Bust

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 03:49:55 UTC 2005

My OpenAL code also uses stuff from alc.h, so I modified my binding def:

(defbinding "openal-library"
    (nicknames "al")
  (flags "")
  (include
    "AL/al.h"
   "AL/alc.h"
    "AL/alut.h")
  (export "alenable"
    "aldisable")
  (override ""))

This yielded amongst other good stuff:

    (cffi:defcstruct alcdevice-struct)

...on which we get divide-by-zero in CFFI because
notice-foreign-struct-definition initializes max-align to zero and that
never gets bumped up (because there are no slots and that is when it
gets adjusted) and then gets used in a rem to determine padding.

Checking alc.h and the rest of the al includes, I do not see any actual
definition for alcdevice-struct. I guess the type is needed to define
the functions which get passed a pointer to a device struct, but the
actual make-up of the struct is pure internal.

I will let you all fight it out, but it looks as if CFFI needs to be
more tolerant? I will try initializing the max-align to 2 and see how
much further I get.

--
Kenny

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950