[fetter-devel] Possible solution for multiple includes

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 9 10:16:32 UTC 2005

Frank Goenninger - PRION Consulting wrote:

> I will have to look into GCC-XML further, but I still don't see why
> you don't do what C does:
>
> All the includes are included. That, for me, means: Everything in
> every included include-file has to be declared/defined: functions,
> data types, constants, ...

The problem is on win32, where something like FreeGlut.h (IIRC) may
include a little thing called "windows.h".

Want to guess how big was the resulting freeglut-library.lisp? :)

Now leave aside that problem (windows.h including everything under the
sun whether freeglut needs it or not). How about stdlib.h, which
Freeglut likely does need. Do we want bindings for that? Absolutely not
if we are just trying to get to Freeglut. Freeglut has an API, and that
is all we want.

True, some C junkie might get off on having stdlib at their disposal
from Lisp, but that is completely unrelated to getting bindings to
Freeglut, and they should be getting those bindings by making
stdlib-binding.lisp and using VZN on that.

kt