[fetter-devel] Request for comments on new interface

Tomi K Neste tomi.neste at netikka.fi
Sat Oct 8 09:00:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:33:40 +0300, Rayiner Hashem <rayiner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> (verrazano:deftarget cffi-lispy
>   (:backend :cffi)
>   (:name-style :lisp-style)   ; or :c-style
>   (:search-mode :strict))    ; or :helpful (better name???)
>

> I'd love to recieve any comments that would help me make this
> interface better (or suggest to me to scrap it entirely and do
> something else :)

Since most C (and some C++) libs have some prefixes ("gl", "fl" etc.) that
aren't really necessary in CL it would be nice if the user could provide
his own function for the :name-style to do the lispification of names.
Simple :strip-prefix option might work but letting the user decide the
exact naming scheme would be more flexible and keep Verrazano agnostic
about the issues of c-style vs. lisp-style vs some-other-style. Thought
maybe it wouldn't be that simple because of the way Vzn handles the naming
of c++ methods. The naming function would probably also need some extra
information to keep the generated names consistent with the c++ method
signatures.