[fetter-devel] gccxml version

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 21:20:03 UTC 2005

> >The tests in the testsuite aren't self-contained. The vfun test
> >depends on having
> >vfun.h and libvfun installed in the global $INCLUDE path. You can do
> >this by running
> >"make install" in the vfun directory, but that'll leave a small header
> >file and library
> >on your system. The easier thing to do is to use one of the other
> >tests, like Cairo or FLTK.
> >Just make sure you have the libraries and header files installed on
> >your system. If you really
> >want to run the vfun test, you can also edit vfun.binding and add
> >"I/tmp/verrazano/testsuite/vfun"
> >as the "flags" argument in the defbinding.
> >

> yes, that's clear. I've installed vfun and now also cairo2-dev
> but I keep getting the same error message for both testsuits.

That's quite odd. The error message you're getting is the result of
Verrazano not being able to run GCC-XML properly. Try this:

Go into verrazano/testsuite/cairo/generate.lisp, and add a "t"
argument to the end of the call to create-binding (after the
:cffi-backend argument). This will enable debug mode (hmm, I should
really make that a keyword argument, shouldn't I?) Anyway, try
running:

"lisp -load testsuite/cairo/generate.lisp"

Again. When it fails, you'll have a file called /tmp/vzntemp.cpp. Try running:

"gccxml -fxml=/tmp/vzntemp.xml /tmp/vzntemp.cpp"

That should fail, and that will give you an idea of what exactly is
the problem. Perhaps you don't have write access to /tmp? If that's
the case, you can change the "/tmp" in generate.lisp to whatever
temporary directory you want to use. On the other hand, if it does
work, then there are some deeper problems. I don't think its a GCC-XML
version problem, because I use GCC-XML 0.60 to test the Windows port.
By the way, what's your system configuration (distro, compiler, etc?)

Sincerely,
    Rayiner Hashem