[fetter-devel] gccxml version

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 19:56:06 UTC 2005

> I would love to generate some bindings with verrazano. I've downloaded
> the cvs version and tried to
> generate the vfun demo with cmucl, cvs vzn, gccxml 0.6 linux. I've put
> the gccxml binary in /tmp.
>
>    /tmp/verrazano$ lisp -load testsuite/vfun/generate.lisp
>
> which generates the following error:
> File-error in function LISP::FD-OPEN:
>   Error opening #p"/tmp/vzntemp.xml", No such file or directory.
>   [Condition of type KERNEL:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR]

The tests in the testsuite aren't self-contained. The vfun test
depends on having
vfun.h and libvfun installed in the global $INCLUDE path. You can do
this by running
"make install" in the vfun directory, but that'll leave a small header
file and library
on your system. The easier thing to do is to use one of the other
tests, like Cairo or FLTK.
Just make sure you have the libraries and header files installed on
your system. If you really
want to run the vfun test, you can also edit vfun.binding and add
"I/tmp/verrazano/testsuite/vfun"
as the "flags" argument in the defbinding.

Sincerely,
    Rayiner Hashem