[fetter-devel] ECL

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 02:43:36 UTC 2005

Hi, welcome to the list!

> In the last months Michael Goffiou and myself have extended ECL's FFI
> and in the process we modeled it after the UFFI specification. This has
> been quite a success, with minor projects that include several parts of
> ECL (BSD-SOCKETS, and a Win32-bridge to name two), SDL bindings, etc.
> The next logical step for us will be to implement callbacks, and
> motivated by our previous success it would be nice to fix on some
> interface which is at least compatible with what people use, let it be
> UFFI, CFFI, Hello-C or whatever.
>
> In general, we are willing to extend ECL in any appropiate direction,
> even if it means revamping the core of the lisp implementation itself.

That's great. I think right now hello-c is in conceptual development,
so implementors will have to wait a little bit to see what it looks
like. Perhaps Luis can chime in on any comments he has? Speaking for
myself, I know I'd appreciate any comments you'd have on the design of
fetter. An initial design document should be appearing in a couple of
days, so after that's out, perhaps you'd like to comment on it?

Sincerely,
    Rayiner Hashem