[fetter-devel] Verrazano and ncurses

Brad Beveridge brad.beveridge at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 06:58:02 UTC 2005

Hi all.  I've just tried Verrazano out by trying to generate bindings
for ncurses - I know there is a cl-ncurses binding set already, but it
appears to crash my SBCL 0,9,7 build - so I thought I'd give this
Verrazano thing a try :)  First of all, I'd just like to say that
Verrazano is as easy to use as it is hard to spell :)  Even a Lisp
newbie like me (couple of months) could get it installed and
generating bindings in an evening.

So I ran Verrazano over the ncurses.h file, it generated a file quite
happily, but has a bit of an issue loading the generated file.  Here
is my specific error...
* (load "/home/brad/development/lisp/bindings/ncurses/ncurses-library.lisp")

debugger invoked on a SB-KERNEL::DEFMACRO-LAMBDA-LIST-BROKEN-KEY-LIST-ERROR in
thread #<THREAD "initial thread" {A91C551}>:
  error while parsing arguments to DESTRUCTURING-BIND:
    odd number of elements in keyword/value list: (0)

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(CFFI::NOTICE-FOREIGN-STRUCT-DEFINITION
 -IO-FILE
 ((-FLAGS :INT) (-IO-READ-PTR :POINTER) (-IO-READ-END :POINTER)
  (-IO-READ-BASE :POINTER) (-IO-WRITE-BASE :POINTER) (-IO-WRITE-PTR :POINTER)
  (-IO-WRITE-END :POINTER) (-IO-BUF-BASE :POINTER) (-IO-BUF-END :POINTER)
  (-IO-SAVE-BASE :POINTER) (-IO-BACKUP-BASE :POINTER) (-IO-SAVE-END :POINTER)
  ...))

I am too much of a newbie to work this out by myself, but any help
would be appreciated :)
My system
 - GCC 4.0.2
 - gccxml, cvs
 - cffi, latest luis
 - parse-number and s-xml - latest from Cliki

Thanks
Brad