[fetter-devel] Re: C-FFI backend, Cairo demo

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 16 00:44:18 UTC 2005

Luis Oliveira wrote:

>On 8/15/05, Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>[And while I am being an obnoxious Lisp English language chauvinist, see
>>above for a hint at a grammar rule not known even to most native English
>>speakers. The "no trailing 's'" rule is for /plurals/ ending in 's'.]
>>

>Thanks. But you know, sooner or later when the Chinese take over the
>world all these weird grammar rules will be a thing the past. :-)

Hen hao! No verb conjugation at all!! Neither for tense nor for person!

>>>(defcvar name type &key read-only)
>>>

>>This is getting pretty exciting. The two of you are headed straight for
>>the Lisp Hall of Fame. But we definitely need the Grand Unification: VZN
>>with CFFI/Luis.
>>

>Ok, what does that mean exactly? More to the point, what do I have to
>do to help with that?

I see a CFFI-Luis backend is on Rayiner's do-list, so... not much more
than working with Rayiner to support his effort to generate bindings
automatically. Hopefully the C++ trial library Rayiner selects will
exercise CFFI fully (ie, include callbacks), so that will let you two
make some pretty grand claims by summer's end. :)

--
Kenny

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950