[eurolisp] ILC 2007 in Cambridge

Christian Ruediger Bahls christian.bahls at gmx.de
Thu Feb 8 16:41:02 UTC 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:29:05 +0100
Von: Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net>
> If you're a good student with a prospect of getting a job at a
> University, you might also ask the department whether they can pay
> for your attendance.
unfortunately i live in east germany
 they do not have a lot of money to spend
 [at one point in time they even talked about
  closing this math' department]

> Of course, this depends on whether you can come up with a convincing
> argument why attending the ILC is a good idea. Preferably, there
> should be some connection to work that you have already done (for
> example, in you master thesis) or work that you plan to do in the
> future.
that would become a funny discussion
.. i had to implement the algorithms for my diploma thesis in C
   which bites me all the time
   (memoization is just very hard to implement in C efficiently)

that basicly are the reasons why i have to find
an alternative way to finance my visit to cambridge.

i will have a look for the GI or ACM funding(after next weeks friday)

thanks
  christian
Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail?ac=OM.GX.GX003K11713T4783a