[eurolisp] Opinions needed...

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Tue Nov 29 10:02:01 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

The deadline for workshop proposals for next year's ECOOP is
approaching soon. I am considering organizing another European Lisp
and Scheme workshop at ECOOP'06. However, the "competition" is very
strong next year. On the one hand, there will probably be a European
Common Lisp meeting again around April, and on the other hand it
seems that the International Lisp Conference '06 will also be in
Europe around September/October. An ECOOP workshop would be in the
first week of July.

So I wonder: Is the European Lisp community strong and interested
enough in three big events in one year, or would it be better to stay
focused on fewer events to make them more successful? More
concretely, would it be a better idea to skip an ECOOP workshop next
year, but only do it again in 2007 when the ILC will probably be in
the US again?

Any opinion, no matter how bold or moderate, is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab