[eurolisp] [ANN] European Lisp & Scheme Workshop - NEWS

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Tue May 31 13:41:42 UTC 2005

On 31 May 2005, at 15:23, rm at fabula.de wrote:

> On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 04:01:22PM +0200, Pascal Costanza wrote:
>
>> Here are some news with regard to the 2nd European Lisp and Scheme
>> Workshop in Glasgow, Scotland on July 26, 2005.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> - The early registration deadline for ECOOP 2005 is June 13, 2005.
>> Before that date, the fees for participating at the workshop should
>> be considerably lower. However, the fee structure hasn't been
>> announced yet. This will (hopefully) happen during the next few days
>> at http://2005.ecoop.org/fees.html
>>

> Hmm, it's 13 day until early registration stops and there's still
> no information
> whatsoever on the fees :-/
>
> Bug or feature?

Big bug. This year's ECOOP conference organizers seem to be _very_
unprofessional.

However, the ECOOP registration fees haven't changed that much in
recent years, so I expect the following fee structure (no guarantees
that this will be the actual fees, though!):

- Whole Conference ca. 500€
- Workshop only ca. 225€

Students:
- Whole Conference ca. 250€
- Workshop only ca. 125€

Note that the workshop fee usually includes two days, including
coffee breaks, lunch and receptions (i.e., dinner with a special
program) on each day.

The Lisp Workshop has one official workshop day. However, we will try
to make sure that we have facilities available for the other workshop
day so that we can do some work on that other day. Of course, you are
also free to visit other workshops on the other day. (But please keep
in mind that some workshops are by invitation only - so check with
the respective workshop organizers whether you can attend them.)

The schedule for the workshops is already available at http://
2005.ecoop.org/workshops.html

Feel free to ask any other questions wrt to the workshop. (I hope
it's ok if we can discuss this here in this mailing list...)

Pascal

P.S.: Please also consider submitting a position paper or a breakout
group proposal for the Lisp Workshop!

--
2nd European Lisp and Scheme Workshop
July 26 - Glasgow, Scotland - co-located with ECOOP 2005