[eurolisp] Re: Amsterdam, Amsterdam!

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Wed Apr 6 17:57:05 UTC 2005

Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> writes:

> On 6-Apr-05, at 11:52, Arthur Lemmens wrote:
>
> > Pascal Costanza wrote:
> >
> >> I have now bookd a room at Belfort Hotel - http://www.belforthotel.nl/
> >>
> >> I hope this isn't too far away from everything.
> >
> > It doesn't look like it's within walking distance of the center.
>
> Damn, they are also fully booked. :(

Hostels are great because most don't take reservations - just turn up
at 9am and you should be fine. Otherwise you have to stay somewhere
expensive for a night and then try again.

There're also "hotel agents" in Amsterdam who will find you a cheap
room for a 5- or 10- euro charge but I don't know how to contact them.
You can visit one if you get stuck without a place to stay.