[eurolisp] Milano tomorow ?

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Tue Nov 9 15:15:12 UTC 2004

On Nov 9, 2004, at 4:37 AM, Marco Baringer wrote:

> Ivan Toshkov <ivan at toshkov.org> writes:
>
>> Hey, wasn't Umberto Ecco from Piedmont, too?
>
> Umberto Eco was born in Alessandria, in the region of Piemonte (aka
> piedmont). Alessandro Baricco (author of `Silk' and `Ocean Sea') is
> from Torino (which is the captial of Piemonte). Nietzsche lived in
> Torino while he wrote 'Der Antichrist' (the antichrist) and showed his
> first symptomes of mental illness there. and my mom is from torino
> too! :)

Not to speak of the fantastic Cinema Museum in the "Mole Antonelliana"
which is the most recognizable symbol of Turin which was originally
commissioned to be main synagogue of the city.  It would have been one
one of the biggest synagogues of Europe, I believe.

Ok.  I forgot FIAT :)

Cheers

Marco

--
Marco Antoniotti					http://bioinformatics.nyu.edu
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488