[erlisp-devel] Lightweight processes

Ivan Boldyrev lispnik at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 05:23:14 UTC 2005

On 9153 day of my life Dirk Gerrits wrote:
> The biggest problem with CPS in CL is (as far as I'm concerned) that you
> can only do it to your own code, and not the implementation's.  So in
> CPS-Erlisp you'll probably want to write
>
> (loop for x in very-long-list
>       collect (f x))
>
> rather than
>
> (mapcar #'f very-long-list)

Well, MAPCAR is easy to reimplement.

Perhaps, it worth to implement special package ERCL, where such
reimplemented functions will reside.  And force users to use only that
functions in Erlisp programs.

,----
| (in-package #:ercl-user)
|
| (defun test (f list)
|   (mapcar f list))
`----

Here DEFUN and MAPCAR are symbols from ERCL package, not CL.

Erlisp will contain large subset of CL with some extenstions.

Perhaps, it worth to create number of branchs with different
approaches.  It is experimental software (yet) anyway!

> But I'm not sure what "my" Summer of Code student is going to do, or
> in fact who he/she is...

Well, I am not student at all :)

--
Ivan Boldyrev