[erlisp-devel] some thoughts ...

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at free.fr
Sat Jun 25 18:28:40 UTC 2005

Hello Dirk & all,

a) I have quickly skimmed over the current source and it seems that the
important functionality of process linking is missing, isn't it ?

b) I've also just read your "mop" section of the roadmap (section 2),
where you want to investigate other avenues for parallelism than
Erlang's one.

I suggest reading what's made available by Mozart/Oz should give you
most-important ideas about that. Erlang's concurrency is only one
possibility in Oz, actually one of the more complex and powerful, but
there is a whole scale of ways to go concurrent worth studying there.
FYI, the Oz book is available there :
http://www.ulb.ac.be/di/rwuyts/INFO020_2003/vanRoyHaridi2003-book.pdf

It seems to me that wrt Oz, the parallel with the MOP is only
superficial. On the other hand, I know one thing called
"Agent-Group-Role" developped at lirmm which really looks like a mop for
multi-agent systems (whatever that means, in fact agent there has to be
seen as concurrent objects). You can have a first look at this :
http://www.ualr.edu/kxaydin/Agents/From%20Agents%20to%
20Organizations.pdf

I really had no time to allot to seriously playing with it but I intent
to someday ... :)

Cheers,
Aurélien.