[erlang-in-lisp-devel] latest erlang-in-lisp

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 04:01:16 UTC 2008

After I go in the erlang-in-lisp/src/ directory, M-x slime-load-system
erlang-in-lisp and (it.bese.fiveam:run!) I experience strange bugs:
* multiple processes are running connected to the same fd used by
SLIME, and SLIME gets confused the hell out of it.
* one of the processes ends up at the ldb prompt because a GC
invariant is lost (!), and at least one process isn't, which also
confuses SLIME.
* pstree -p shows 1 parent sbcl, 1 child sbcl, and four children
{sbcl} whatever that means (threads?)
* In case that's what happens, note that it is a very very bad idea to
fork a process after you've started spawning threads, least you (and
all the libraries you use -- good luck) take special measures with
pthread_atfork().
* The 5am run wasn't very verbose (but had messages pasted in the mix
possibly by children not heeding the redirection), and I couldn't find
the dribble log (if any) so I don't know which test fails.

Matt, can you advise? You may find help from people on irc #lisp,
and/or me, etc.

Otherwise, considering it's "pencil down" period, you should probably
focus on fixing bugs and writing documentation.

Thanks a lot!

Arbitrary limits to programs are evil,
particularly when they go either enforced or unenforced.