[elephant-devel] finalize-inheritance

Alex Mizrahi alex.mizrahi at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:23:59 UTC 2011

> What about an :after or :before method on update-instance-for-redefined-class?

It is called once for each instance, but we want update once per class.
But we can hook make-instances-obsolete GF which is called once for class.

> But maybe your idea works.

Hooking compute-slots definitely works for derived slots. (I had to
rewrite some code, though.)
As for schema stuff, I'm not quite sure what we're trying to achieve, so
I need to look into this some more. (E.g. as Ian suggested look through
the whole schema thing.)

 > Or look at what is in Closer-MOP, or even use it.

I've asked this question on comp.lang.lisp and got some attention from
Pascal Costanza, Closer-MOP's author; so I hope he explains how to do
this correctly.