[elephant-devel] using one store with mutiple lisp instances

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Thu May 5 15:11:38 UTC 2011

I definitely recommend the Postgres backend for your application.  It will be a significant amount of tricky work to get BDB replication + distributed transactions to work cleanly with Elephant.  Not worth the time / bug risks I think.  It should be trivial to migrate.

Henrik, with the caching you (or was it Alex?) put in, real world apps may perform just fine.  I suspect BDB would have a performance edge as object slot reads that miss in the cache would be satisfied with a local disk seek vs. a network transaction and remote disk seek.   I wouldn't consider distributed BDB until you hit a wall with Postgres and felt that 2x performance was a material benefit.

Ian