[elephant-devel] Elephant/BDB problems on recent 64-bit Linux systems

Petter Gustad elephant at gustad.com
Tue Jan 4 08:40:46 UTC 2011

From: Ian Eslick <eslick at media.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [elephant-devel] Elephant/BDB problems on recent 64-bit Linux systems
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:44:47 -0800

> Any progress since you wrote this?

Unfortunately not. I haven't had much time during the last few weeks.

> Tracking down these kinds of errors is nasty - I had to do a bunch
> of it a few years ago when I was changing the serialization code and
> messing around with the serializer's bits and bytes. I'm afraid I
> don't have a good idea here.

I see. The problem might as well be in the area of UFFI/BDB. I should
also run some C based BDB tests to check that by BDB libraries are
sane as well.

> Was your problem in clojure also involving Berkeley DB?

Yes. I ran the same code using Clojure rather than SBCL and got some
corruption warning as well. Hence I assume that this problem is not
related to SBCL.

//Petter