[elephant-devel] patches

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Sun Aug 21 11:52:43 UTC 2011

Current status:

1. SBCL 1.0.16:
    BDB -- all tests ok (on the first run)
    Postmodern -- about 350 tests pass, then it loses database connection in
test-indices test and all subsequent tests fail.
         Also it says something about starting select when interrupts are
off, maybe it is connected?
2. CCL 1.7:
    BDB -- fails to even start because of some fucked up problem with
classes
    Postmodern -- pretty much same like with SBCL

Removing my patches doesn't fix problems with postmodern or CCL so it I
guess it isn't a regression.

Here's what I get in CCL:

There is no applicable method for the generic function:
  #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION MAP-BTREE #x187D3EDE>
when called with arguments:
  (#<Compiled-function (:INTERNAL
                        ELEPHANT::GET-DB-SCHEMAS) (Non-Global)  #x188E8B0E>
   #<BDB-BTREE-INDEX oid:0> :VALUE DB-BDB::BDB-BTREE-INDEX :COLLECT T)

ELE-TESTS> (describe (find-class 'db-bdb::bdb-btree-index))
CCL::PRECEDENCE-LIST: (#<PERSISTENT-METACLASS DB-BDB::BDB-BTREE-INDEX>
                       #<PERSISTENT-METACLASS PERSISTENT-OBJECT>
                       #<STANDARD-CLASS PERSISTENT>
                       #<STANDARD-CLASS STANDARD-OBJECT> #<BUILT-IN-CLASS
T>)

So somehow INDEXED-BTREE is not not among superclasses.
BUT it is defined like this:

(defclass bdb-btree-index (btree-index bdb-btree)
  ()
  (:metaclass persistent-metaclass)
  (:documentation "A BDB-based BTree supports secondary indices."))

And when I re-define class it skips this problem and goes shows some
different error...
 But how could it lose one of class's ancestors??