[elephant-devel] deserialization error on (make-pset)

marc daya marc.daya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 05:47:44 UTC 2010

Greetings

I've run into a problem on the latest Elephant 1.0 from the darcs
repository, with SBCL 1.0.34 on FreeBSD and 1.0.39 on MacOS.
(make-pset) fails with a deserialization error (steps below).  Other
operations like creating and initializing a persistent class, or
adding to the root, work fine.  Am I doing something silly?

.marc

--- (steps to reproduce follow) ---

* (in-package :ele-user)

#<PACKAGE "ELEPHANT-USER">
* (open-store '(:bdb #P"/tmp/tmpstore"))

   ... <compilation snipped> ...

;
; compilation unit finished
;   printed 197 notes
#<BDB-STORE-CONTROLLER /tmp/tmpstore>
* (make-pset)

debugger invoked on a ELEPHANT-DESERIALIZATION-ERROR in thread #<THREAD

"initial thread" RUNNING
                                                                 {1002AFA241}>:
  Elephant deserialization error:
When attempting to
set the slot's value to ELEPHANT::SUCCESSOR (SETF of SLOT-VALUE), the slot NIL
(A UNBOUND-SLOT was caught when trying to print SB-DEBUG:*DEBUG-CONDITION* when
entering the debugger. Printing was aborted and the UNBOUND-SLOT was stored in
SB-DEBUG::*NESTED-DEBUG-CONDITION*.)
(CELL-ERROR-NAME SB-DEBUG::*NESTED-DEBUG-CONDITION*) = ELEPHANT::CLASSNAME

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(ELEPHANT::DESERIALIZE
 #S(ELEPHANT-MEMUTIL:BUFFER-STREAM
    :BUFFER #<SB-ALIEN-INTERNALS:ALIEN-VALUE :SAP #X0081F400 :TYPE (*

(SB-ALIEN:UNSIGNED
                                                                     8))>
    :SIZE 822
    :POSITION 653
    :LENGTH 1184)
 #<BDB-STORE-CONTROLLER /tmp/tmpstore>
 NIL)

--
Never have so many understood so little about so much.
               -- James Burke