[elephant-devel] PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

Petter Gustad elephant at gustad.com
Sun Oct 10 18:37:52 UTC 2010

I keep getting this message when I access my Weblocks application:

PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

I don't see any errors other than this.

The BDB database consists of only a few dozen entries. It fails
whenever I have two different processes each running SBCL/Weblocks and
both are accessing the same database, i.e. both are using the same
conf/stores.lisp. One process is using ports 8080/5555 for web/swank,
and the other is using ports 8888/9999.

Running /usr/bin/db4.7_recover -f does not seem to resolve the issue.
On the next launch the problem is back.

I'm running SBCL 1.0.42 and Berkeley DB 4.7, both 64-bit Linux X86.
elephant.asd versjon is 1.0a1.

Is this a known problem with a known workaround?

I've just started to look at Elephant/BDB as an alternative to CL-SQL
hence I'm mostly a n00b so the possibility of a user error is very
high.

//Petter