[elephant-devel] Memory corruption in open-store

Andrew Kirkpatrick spacebat at ubermonkey.net
Sat Feb 13 01:18:23 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm trying to use elephant but with limited success. Running on
Ubuntu 9.04, with clbuild installed SBCL 1.0.35.1 and current Elephant
and dependencies. I tried using contrib/henrik/install-bdb.sh to install
Berkeley DB 4.5 and set up my-config.sexp as it suggested, but when I
evaluate this form, referring to a directory that does exist:

(open-store '(:BDB "/tmp/my-db/"))

I get a the usual compilation and loading noise terminated with:

Help! 11 nested errors. SB-KERNEL:*MAXIMUM-ERROR-DEPTH* exceeded.
0: ; Evaluation aborted.

I've also tried configuring my-config.sexp to use libdb-4.6.so and
related files installed from the Ubuntu repo, but the effect is the
same. In both cases its loading the correct shared lib, and when I
switch to the *inferior-lisp* buffer, the 11 nested errors all look
similar to this:

CORRUPTION WARNING in SBCL pid 3239(tid 3039865744):
Memory fault at 100020 (pc=0x9c77963, sp=0xb52f6110)
The integrity of this image is possibly compromised.
Continuing with fingers crossed.

Indeed at that point my lisp image is somewhat hosed. I started trying
to use the :BDB store because of similar errors when the cl-sql backend
tried to use sqlite.

I realize this it probably CFFI related, but perhaps others have run
into it and know of a fix?

Thanks,
--
Andrew Kirkpatrick

"The first rule of Perl Club... has subscript 0.
  Unless you changed $[.
  But don't!"

-- blazar on perlmonks.org